Chattering TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please advise the cause of this problem. Drayton RT111 trv, one of three fitted back in january. is it just duff or could something else be causing it? thanks.

Sponsored Links
Don't know these, are they bi-directional? That is have they 2 arrows on the valve body? If not it may have been put on the wrong way round.

If it has then could just be faulty.

I had one of those recently ............ Don't ask me why I did this but it worked ...... I just changed the Stat bit (top bit) ..... Worked a dang treat ...... It used to rattle like a ferker......... Most annoying when I w0s watching neighbours :oops:

thanks for replies. according to drayton web site these can be fitted on flow or return. they belong to a friend who was justgoing to get a replacement head but I thought i'd ask here first. thanks again.

Sponsored Links
All valves can be fitted on flow or return, but only bi-directional ones can be fitted any way round :eek:

drayton web site says "reverse flow capability". i take it this means bi-directional?

gas4you said:
All valves can be fitted on flow or return, :eek:

I dont see how a unidirectional valve could be fitted on the flow or the return because on the return it would be backwards?

Or have I been drinking? Its 14.5% South African merlot tonight.

Tony

Yes Tony you have been drinking :LOL:

They would either have the head upright or horizontal to the rad depending which end they were fitted to :rolleyes:

just thought i'd give an update to this. a new identical valve was aquired and the new head used to replace the chattering one. the noise still persists. depressing the pin with the head removed causes a clunking noise and sometimes the chattering noise can also be duplicated. i guess this means that the valve body itself is kaput. is this likely? TIA.

Can't tell from here ........ Its a two stage job......... You've done the easy bit ........ If that don't work you know what to do :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back