Cheap workmate mod

• Thread starter Deleted member 242536
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Honestly fox they wouldn't blow away, yes they're plastic but still very rigid, OK the quick grips could be better quality but most of us have additional sets, you can feed them through the slots and clamp your workpiece down, the table is about 3" thick and covered in webbing for strength, quick easy set up, take up no room at all and light enough to carry and can support a 1000lbs, I have 4 and think they're a brilliant piece of plastic engineering

You could of course go for something like this, yes it looks like a proper bit of engineering but you need to attend a 3 day course to learn how to use the thing, I don't know how popular these are, I've never seen any for sale or seen anybody with one, i guess the over complicated engineering is it downfall.....

Sponsored Links
Have to agree with Fox, I think the Keter does look like it would blow away or just collapse if I applied too much pressure. I have seen them get great reviews mind. Crank that Walko has some fantastic features on it, add some of them to a simpler version and happy days. I quite like this one personally http://www.screwfix.com/p/wolfcraft-master-200-folding-workbench/1970p?_requestid=223256.

The reason I was looking to mod my cheap one was simply for a learning experience because I'm not as practiced a hand at DIY stuff as I'd like. I've been using it to work on a fence that I'm making using wooden pallets for my dad's house which is a simple start to learn and develop my skills.

I also wanted to add a couple of little additions that I thought might improve the usability of the bench so far I think adding non slip rubber grips between the jaws and a lip underneath might be nice little additions. I'd welcome any other suggestions.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back