Check if a builder is putting lead on properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have builders replacing the lead flashing on my roof. The property is mid terraced with a foot high block (above the tiles) between my property and both neighbours property and tiles running down. The old flashing was attached to this block (I think under the masonry) and went over the tiles. The builders have taken the old lead flashing off from the block and are putting new lead against this block and and refilling the masonry with sand cement. Is there any way I can check that they are doing the job competently? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, pay me to sneak on the roof tonight and tell you :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Masona,
on that link for apron flashings it mentions to increase the lap with lower pitches, is this how much it laps the slate?...or the vertical heigth of lead on the wall??...its a bit confusing...would make more sense if its how much it laps the slate!
Cheers
Marty.

If they are replacing lead flashing to a parapet wall, then the coping stones from the wall should be removed and then the new lead placed onto the wall and onto the tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back