Roofing tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house is one of six in a terrace, but between mine (the 3rd) and the next door (the 4th) there is a one foot drop in height as the road slops downwards, so at roof level there is a one foot exposed piece of brickwork (see photograph) as the roof is one foot lower too. For a short time damp has been getting into my attic and I was unsure if this was because of worn lead flashing, or due to weathered pointing between the bricks. A builder recently re-rendered the pointing and told me that this was the cause, and so far, so good.
As you can see the tiles (the property was re-roofed about fourteen years ago, prior to me moving in) are quite chunky consequently flashing does not appears to follow the contours of these tiles. Is there some thing between the re-rendered wall of my house and the edge of the flashing which overlaps the roof tiles to stop rain getting in under the tiles where the flashing does not follow the contours of the tiles?

Sponsored Links
so far so good - then it should stay good ;) . Unless the prevailing wind blows against the face you had rendered . If it blows along the roof and over the "drop" then you have no worries at all ;)

Can rain get under the flashing where it meets the tiles and creep along under the tile and into the brickwork or am I unnecessarily worrying?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back