ridge tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just found out that there is a small hole on the flashing just beneath the ridge of my house. It is at where the (half circle shape) ridge tile meets the (square) roof tile. I think maybe some of the cement is missing so leaving a small hole. I wonder if I should be concerned of possible leaking and get some roof repair people to do something about it, or I can leave it for now and monitor it?

As it is at the flashing position, it is not facing upwards (i.e. towards the sky), and I suppose there should be some part of the roof tile underneath the flashing (i.e. overlap with the ridge tile) and also waterproof felt below it? I don't have a roof ladder so I don't know for sure.

Many Thanks for any reply.

Sponsored Links
Looks like you mean pointing rather than flashing. provided the rest of the poibting is in good shape simply get the faulty area neatly pointed in.
It's a very easy job provided you have safe access.

Sponsored Links
Leave and monitor BUT NEVER EVER say yes to anyone who knocks on your door and - having seen the small hole up there - offers to fix it :!: . Get quotes from proper roofers - even ask @ your local council for trusted scheme ones . It`s a minefield of cons :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back