'Check Valve' - Tap Connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I got a new kitchen tap recently and it came with what the instructions call 'Check Valves' - these ones are 15mm compression one end and male flexible tap connector the other end (the tap connector end has the white insert bit). I understand what these do but I can't quite find the right term in looking for some more as I'd like to put them on my bathroom tap as well.

Googling '15mm compression to tap connector check valve' seems to only return either 15mm compression both ends or the ends I need without the 'check' bit. Is there a specific name for this type of fitting?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
1. There may be some confusion here between check valves (also called non-return valves) and isolation valves.
2. Check valves are intended to ensure water can only flow one way, and close automatically if flow is attempted in the wrong direction. They come as single or double check valves. Frequently used on mixer taps / showers to stop cold pressure overcoming hot, or vice versa. Also used on boiler filling loops to ensure that boiler water cannot flow back into the cold mains. They cannot be opened or closed manually. I have only ever seen them domestically as brass, or nickel plated brass compression both ends.
3. Isolation valves are intended to open or close the flow of water. They may be lever, "butterfly" or screwdriver slot operated, and can only be opened or closed manually.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back