Checkatrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OOo... remind me not to call the professionals @ checkatrade

How can they suggest that a cold spot at the bottom of a radiator would be air, given that the colder air space will be at the top?? Last I checked air always rises?

https://www.checkatrade.com/blog/homeowner/central-heating/fix-radiator-cold-at-bottom/?utm_source=native verizon&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=strategy2&utm_term=prospecting&utm_content=radiator cold at bottom

If it's cold at the bottom middle it's more likely to need a flush :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The picture that goes along with it in the search engine is also priceless. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

1580741794845-5659.jpg.cf.webp

I can assure you there are a good few clowns around who have the audacity to call themselves "tradesmen" who are NOT on checkatrade.

Sponsored Links
How can they suggest that a cold spot at the bottom of a radiator would be air, given that the colder air space will be at the top?? Last I checked air always rises?

It’s a filter. They don’t want people who are smart enough to know that air rises through water to use their service - those people might have enough of a clue to spot their bodges for what they are. Their ideal customer is a naive person who can be sold something they don’t need for a high price and not complain when their issue isn’t resolved.

I have just read that and they actually couldnt be much more wrong in everything they say

I can assure you there are a good few clowns around who have the audacity to call themselves "tradesmen" who are NOT on checkatrade

Erm...what o_O What's that got to do with anything??

We all know there are cowboys in every trade but that information is just plain wrong and it's directly from checkatrade.com, not one of their paying tradesmen.

I have just read that and they actually couldnt be much more wrong in everything they say

You're not kidding and that's not even from one of the tradesmen, it's directly from checkatrade.com themselves and then there's the subtle little link right at the bottom after the 'if you cant do it yourself' line.

One hasty re-write later ..... said:
Using your radiator bleed key which you will find at many DIY shops open the bleed valve on the radiator.

Why would anyone keep their radiator bleed key at a DIY shop.

Bad grammer and even worse "technical" advice.

Cheque-A -Trade

It's full of little faux pas like that.

Just to be clear, I don't have anything against Check-a-trade per sé but if they want to use a subject to advertise their services then at least get the information/advice correct, as I believe it can be seen as a direct reflection of the plumbing/heating trade as a whole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back