Checking boiler safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you rarely use it will it still go-out-of-true?
Of course they go whether you use them or not, the O2 cells deteriorate continuously even if you don't use them. Did you think the oxygen stops corroding if you don't use something? :rolleyes:

If so - how? Give us the science.
There is ample documentation available on the subject on the web.
If you google long and hard enough, you may even find something that is dumbed down to such a degree that even you can understand it.

Sponsored Links
if you rarely use it will it still go-out-of-true?
Of course they go whether you use them or not, the O2 cells deteriorate continuously even if you don't use them. Did you think the oxygen stops corroding if you don't use something? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if you realise it or not (probably not) but temperature has an affect on chemical reactions. (Which is why you don't need to calibrate it when you get it out of the box.) Worra plonka. :rolleyes:

Joe, your ignorance really has no limits
A FGA is calibrated before it is sold. Even a brand new FGA can not be legally used without a certificate, and no FGA can legally be used without a cert of less than one year old.
The certificate can only be issued by a company that is licensed to do so after they have been trained and their equiment is calibrated under laboratory conditions.

Sponsored Links
Joe, your ignorance really has no limits
A FGA is calibrated before it is sold. Even a brand new FGA can not be legally used without a certificate, and no FGA can legally be used without a cert of less than one year old.
The certificate can only be issued by a company that is licensed to do so after they have been trained and their equiment is calibrated under laboratory conditions.

What if it's on the shelf for months? When do you start counting the months until calibration?

When do you start counting the months until calibration?
You don't have to count; the cert has the expiry date on it after which you can not use it. If the instrument does not appear to zero properly and is potentially damaged e.g. mechanically or chemically, it has to go back even if the cert is a week old.
Without the proper training, you can't be sure to recognise these problems. That is the reason why you have wasted your money on buying a sprint: you don't know how to handle the instrument, and therefore any readings you get from your Vaillant or your neighbour's boiler, will be utterly meaningless. It would be the same as buying a clock and thinking you don't need to set it because it just came out of the box.

Why didn't he say that? Doesn't he know?

well mr 90/doineedrgi you really do take the biscuit as i said on ravenheap post to you and mouthy mick what exacatly is your trade obviously does not keep you busy as you post on here all night or your insomniac what is the secret are you ashamed of what you are or just jealous hope your fga keeps you warm at night i think a woman might help you sleep a little better though see you loser we all have your number now 118

answer a question instead of asking another one what are your qualifications do you actually have any give me your email addy and i will send you all mine will you do the same

well mr90 am back off to chat to some very intelligent engineers on the combustion chamber its been fun baiting you but starting to feel sorry for you now because mr90 at the end of the day i have a life and am proud to say i am an engineer more so now that i know it annoys you.
But cant understand why you will not tell us what you do are you a traffic warden well i am sorry if you are but please dont come on here trying to make us feel guilty because you are inadeqete been a blast thanks for the memories peekay53
ps give my best to your mate doineedargi xxx

Are you a registered gas engineer? Or just 'installer'? :rolleyes:

But cant understand why you will not tell us what you do
If memory serves, he has neither qualifications, nor a job and tries to make up for his lack of achievement by posting tall stories in which he has the lead role as a property developer. He may fool a housewife or somebody that is totally a-technical, but his stories have more holes in them than a Gruyere wheel.

well ben thanks for the background so all this bitterness is jealousy well mr 90 i dont have to justify myself to you as an installer engineer gas fitter whatever as i said before property developers are on a par with used car sales men estate agents and insurance salesmen they are apart from very small percentage highly dubious persons so thanks ben that answers lots of questions about mr90 jealous loser and as i said if you want to see all my qualifications give me your email addy and of course you will be letting me see all yours in return

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back