Chevrolet spares and repairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking to buy a new(ish)car. I really like the look, spec and cost of the Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.6.
My question is this -
Are Chevrolets expensive to service and repair compared to more mainstream manufacturers?
I know Chevrolet have announced that they are pulling out of Europe at the end of 2015 so this may affect it, but I also know that the Cruze is designed to the same blueprint as the Astra. So would the spare parts be the same?

Thanks in advance

Mike.

Astra

Sponsored Links
They were Daewoo for a few years, then changed to Chevy. Not sure about servicing/parts going forward, to be honest. But if you want cheap servicing/parts going forward stick with Vauxhall or Ford also consider VW. They have the volume sales so non original, spurious parts are readily available.
Ask the independent garage you are probably going to use for servicing, they will soon tell you if parts are expensive etc.

Hi,

Some parts eg filters are the same as GM (Opel / Vauxhall).

Personally I wouldn't do it ..

if you're going to hold onto the car what happens if you have eg an ECU or immobiliser issue in a couple of years when there are no Chevy dealers? GM dealers don't (generally) have access to Chevy OEM diagnostics.

if you're not going to hold on to it it will have huge depreciation and people will be wary of buying a car with no dealer network.

HTH

F

Sponsored Links
Back