performance power mitre saw universal spare parts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just joined a local Men's Shed group, and they have 2 performance power mitre saws with bent/broken fences. (J1g Zp8 210d 1500w)
I was looking for a couple of fences but it looks like b&q doesn't import any spare parts.

Does anyone know if there is some fence from another brand that fits the same mitre saws? Or some universal/compatible one?
The two bolts fixing the fence are 32cm apart (centre to centre)

It would be a shame to throw them away just for a broken fence!
(Once repaired I'll ask to put a sign to clamp the wood down on both sides, so stuff won't catch and destroy the fences! )

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'll try to get a pic next time I go, but it will more useful to have the bolt distance, as the shape is always pretty much the same..

Sponsored Links
Bumped to remind the OP about maybe postng some photos...

Sadly there is no such thing as a universal fence for mitre saws. Your best bet might be to contact either DIY Spare Parts or Solent Tools who can source some parts for Performance Power tools. The difficulty with DIY tools made in China is that there is often no spares backup. That said, how about posting so.e photos of the fences - there may be a way to fix them (e.g. by attaching an auxilliary timber fence plate) which you are unaware aware of?

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back