Child proof locks upvc windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could any body recommend a supplier of upvc child proof locks,ideally able to open the window for ventilation.ive tried the usual diy stores!!.Lots for wooden windows,but none for upvc! :(

Sponsored Links
hi there, i had a similar problem with my rented property as the landlord had no window locks. it took me months to find a company close by that sold the type of window locks i needed. unfortunately i can't remember the company i got them from, but if i remember rightly the locks are called "Securistay" locks and can be used on bog standard upvc windows that open outwards. these are no use if you don't wish to drill into the frames though. they come with a special little spanner so that you can unlock the whole thing to open the window totally. they're basically what i would call window restrictors. dependant on how you situate them you can change the maximum width of the opening. they weren't an excessive price either, only about £5 each. if it would be of help you could give me your email address and i would be more than happy to send you some photos of the ones i've got. hope this helps. :)

The item you require might be a Restrictor Friction Hinge, this replaces the current hinge and limits the window opening to 100mm, the window can be released to open to the full width by operating the safety latches when required.

Click Here

Salem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back