Child size toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At present i have a bathroom without a toilet, and a separate toilet.

Eventually i will be removing the separate toilet and putting a shower in its place opening the wall between, and put a toilet in the main bathroom area.

However for the time being i can live without the shower unit (the bath has an over bath shower), but still have space for the toilet.

With 2 under 3's being toilet trained now/soon, im considering putting in a child size toilet for a few years, then replacing it with a full size toilet.

Anyone had any experience fitting/sourcing these? most places seem to supply to schools etc, so look for bulk quantity.

I'm trying to find out how much work would be involved in swapping the child size for full size later, and if it would be worth putting the child size on a platform now, such that i do not need to move the waste pipe later for the adult size, just remove platform and install adult size on floor.

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't bother personally.

If the kids are afraid of falling in, you can get seats within seats.

Much better (IMHO) to train them to use adult bogs so that when you are out you don't have to battle with them because they have met something they're not used to.

The older one who is currently being trained has no problems sitting on the adult size, only problem is she cant get up there in the first place, even with a step!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back