Chimmey cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
I would recommend that you measured up accurately, where the chimney of the hood would be positioned, then cut in to the coving to allow the unit to go flush to ceiling.

I noticed if I do that the coving willl cover the vents of the hood on the both sides.

That could be an issue, maybe complete removal of coving or take a little more of the coving from each side and mitre the coving back, to form a stop return to the wall, this could possibly be done by using the piece of coving you cut out, if undamaged. You will need a drywall saw and a coving mitre block to help form the return and a stead eye to get the coving mitres right on the fixed wall lengths, unless you replace all for new.

A few options there.

Sponsored Links
I am thinking of putting the hood underneath the coving, as it I not extracting to the outside. It used as recirculating within the hood. I know it will show a gap.

If that is your decision!
If so I would then box out the area above and the try to match up the coving by coving around the top/gap section to tidy it up. Otherwise will look naff and be a collection area for shyte!
Or change my idea about this style of hood!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back