Chimney Flashing Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a quote for installing chimney flashing for £350 (I will be getting other quotes) but just wanted to know if this is in the right ball park, I understand that all chimneys are different but just wanted to know if this quote is much too high. The chimney is on the gable end, its an old stone chimney with cement flashing of average size.

Sponsored Links
Ask the guy if he knows what Leadburning is ;) and has he got the kit. If he does, and says he did leadwork as part of his plumbing apprenticeship then give him the job.....other wise he`s probably another Chancer with a "roofers" van..........there I just got off my soapbox. Me, I`m a dinosaur plumber :LOL:

Is the Quote you got just to replace the flashings to the chimney ?
Did it include the back gutter ?

To many people just ask for the flashings to be replaced .
If the roofer got up and looked at the problem he should have told you that it was just the flashings or flashings and back gutter.
If it is the back gutter ask him how he will form it, If he says he will just boss or bend it around the chimney ,then look for someone else .
It should be cut and welded ,as it will not stress the lead and will last longer. Bossing or bending will stress the lead.
Make shore that he uses At lest code 5 lead

“If he says he did lead work as part of his plumbing apprenticeship then give him the job”
This just means that you would be trusting some one who thinks he knows how the tiles go!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back