Chimney flashing quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Had a quote for chimney flashing, on a newly rebuilt sandstone chimney, wraparound scaffold is already in place and paid for. 390mm flashings front and rear, 300mm flashings at 2 sides, 150mm cover flashings to 4 sides. Seal raggle with Calder’s lead mate. All in code 5 lead and treated with patination oil.

Quote is £750+VAT.

Seemed a touch high to me but I don't really have any concept of the current cost of lead, and the work involved so I thought I would ask people who know better!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
While you give lead widths, you don't give lengths. The chimney could easily be 1500 wide, 2500 up the slope.. etc which would mount up in kgs

Fair point. That's all the info I was given, I would have to estimate the stack as maybe about 1.5m high, 2m wide, maybe about 1m up the slope - roughly.

Sponsored Links
Get another couple of estimates but there is around £300 of lead here.

Thanks guys, if the materials are ~£300 are around, then ~£450 for labour. I suppose I presumed the fact that scaffold was in place that it would be relatively straightforward, and was expecting about £200 labour, but again I don't know how long a job like this takes so I am shooting blind.

depends on stack location. and as above, what lengths involved.if theres a backgutter then very cheap price esp if lead burning is needed.
your description says thestack splits the ridge then no back gutter soits maybe a fair basic price. do any slates or tiles have to be lifted etc?
we would probly charge more than above.

Thanks bobasd, no backgutter, chimney on apex, one side to gable, don't think slates need lifted. Sounds like it is in the ballpark, which is fine. I'd rather get a good job than the rock bottom price, especially on the roof where a bad job costs a lot in the long run, just wanted to get some reassurance that it was approx right.

if you have slates then they will need lifting ti fix soakers.

look around you might get it done cheaperbecause the scaffs in place?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back