Chimney lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have 2 fireplaces for a coal fire but if you light one, smoke comes down the chimney in the other room. We had it swept and it seems to be worse. We had a chimney balloon which stopped it but that has now failed and I want a more permanent solution that won't cost ££££. We would like to be able to have the fire lit in whichever room we choose (but not at the same time)

Are there any reasonable priced options ?

Sponsored Links
Short of crawling up the inside of the flue to repoint internally, I beleive you are going to have to line them both.

Only one needs lining. If one is sealed then it won't leak to the other. Why both ?

Both because it is obvious that there is a failure somewhere, and lining one just means the smoke and toxic fumes from the unlined one will leak out somewhere else.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the type of thing a chimney service would tell you to pile on more £££££. :cry:

Sounds like the type of thing a chimney service would tell you to pile on more £££££. :cry:

Are you serious? or Izzy indisguise? We are clearly not a "chimney service", and frankly, I'm getting bored of people only wanting advice that accords with thier preconceptions (or pockets)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back