Chimney re-build?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just found a major fault with my chimney, using binoculars I discovered that the pointing on the chimney stack is almost non-existent and we are getting rain coming down the flue :eek: . There are a couple of bricks that seem to have been pushed out just to add to my concerns :eek: :eek: .
I know I’ll have to get this sorted asap. However the wall that has the chimney on it and so would need the scaffolding is on a public road :eek: :eek: :eek: , and to make matters even more interesting the road bends around the house making it a blind corner :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .
The questions are:
1. How long does it take to either rebuild or re-point a chimney stack from roof level.
2. How much would it cost; I’m in west Cornwall.
3. How do you go about half closing a road to set up the scaffolding.
4. The house is in a conservation area and still has its original 200 year roof can I get any grants to assist.

image466.jpg

As you can see the road passes to the left of the house and it's the left hand stack that needs repairing.

Sponsored Links
ocemeer said:
1. How long does it take to either rebuild or re-point a chimney stack from roof level.
No more than a day.
2.How much would it cost; I’m in west Cornwall.
Best to get a couple of quotes
3.how do you go about half closing a road to set up the scaffolding.
No need, the scaffolder should be able start from the centre of the house and a walking platform to the chimney surrounding.
4.The house is in a conservation area and still has its original 200 year roof can I get any grants to assist.
Only your local BCO can tell you.

Sponsored Links
The guttering was done before there was any conservation, 15 to 20 years ago and will need replacing.
Take a look at what we found behind a 1960's fake art deco fire place.

from this :confused:
image290.jpg

to this :D
fireinplace.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back