chimney tastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
not really a disaster but....

in january of this year (05) we finally managed to get a company to put a new pot on the chimney for our log burner - they were suppose to do it in october but they kept on putting us off (weather Etc...) i should have sacked em off then it but because it was such a small job i had trouble finding someone to do it in the first place.....

anyway we used burner for around 3 months (and very nice it is too) with no problems...... now with this cold spell upon us we decided it was time to crank up the ol' girl so we got someone round to sweep the chimney last week - imagine my surprise when the sweep tells us the dopey gits have put the pot on the wrong chimney - the pot is on the chimney that comes from the upper room and the chimney going to the stove was cemented off.... the only reason the burner hasn't filled our house with smoke is because the fethers (????) between the two chimneys have gone so smoke is able to exit through the bedroom chimney - D'oh!!!

and i don't think we've got a leg to stand on after all this time... not to mention we paid cash for *ahem* the bill ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back