chimney work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i went to a job today to lead a chimney whilst leading my chimney next door asked me to have a look at theirs has their chimney had been leaded by another roofer the first two pics are the other roofers work 2nd two are mine just wondered what your thoughts were on the difference in workmanship i would also like to add i dont usually assess other peoples work but the lady asked i refused to touch it and said recall the roofer that did it :eek:
[/img]

Sponsored Links
i'm trying to look at the leadwork but can't stop staring at the pointing.

Sponsored Links
i would hope they did, no-one can be unlucky enough to have two c*^ts that shoddy ... shocking. looks like a 4yr olds cake decorating

I'd of sacked you if i sent you to lead a chimney and you did it like that.

Assuming like for like repair as opposed to step flashing/soakers?

Xenon can you tell me why you would of sacked me or even better put up some examples of your lead work and alistair it was capped in cement with zinc soaker which had all perished i put one bit in rather than steps as its a very exposed area

I'll take some of one of our lads (aprentice) in the week. It will be stepped though, and not pointed with brown mastic :(

Spot on no dont use mastic use cement like i have :rolleyes: And you have not stated why you would sack me ?

The front apron should have lead burnt corners extending 150mm around the side of the chimmney. the side flashing should allways be stepped into brick joints, the front apron needs more lead clips and the corners should of been rounded of. Apart from that very nice :D

Spot on no dont use mastic use cement like i have :rolleyes: And you have not stated why you would sack me ?
Apologies regards the mastic error, ****e notebook. However, the lead work is abysmal, and you know it is. You don't straight flash a chimney, and i think the rest of it has already been mentioned.

The lead work on the first two pics is abysmal i think the leadwork on my chimney is very good actually and tell me where it says in building regs you cannot straight flash a chimney ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back