chimney work

i think the point is, its neat enough but step flashing is the correct way to do it. yes it will work and miles better than neighbour but if you're gonna post pics of something thats not a show piece then people will comment. one thing i always say to anyone working with me is imagine Matt Alwright is looking over your shoulder with a camera crew. A job thats alright and works wont cut it for one of his suited "experts" it has to be perfect or absolutly the best you can do under the conditions present. i don't wanna sound like i am ripping into you just offering a bit of advice. as far as anyone in the trade is gonna see here is that the best you could have done is a step flashing and a made up welded apron. as it is thats not what you have done and other roofers are gonna see that.

Sponsored Links
im sorry but i have to completly disagree step flashing is not as you say the CORRECT way to do it but a different way just as putting lead in a valley or grp valley different way same result there is nothing at all in building regs that says you must put step flashing in brick work i tend to think step flashings can be more prone to water blowing in but that is just my opinion devon lad i take on board what you say and appreciate the way you said it but for xenon to say that the lead work on my pics is abysmal is nonsense

The reason they did not do it like that in the past is because angle grinders did not exist. I can't see any problem with the way cumbrian has done it.

Sponsored Links
Step flashing all the way .. you can at least wedge properly in the brick joints.
Flashing into an angle grinder cut you are limited by width of cut and of course strength of brick..
Burnt aprons or back gutters are not the be all and end all...

Anyway

It's neat enough and will work.. hopefully you never practiced on the neighbours first!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back