Chinese Oak Floor Swolen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am trying to help out a customer.
They have a Chinese oak floor approx 21mm thick installed approx 7 years ago (not by myself).
The have suffered with it swelling before but this time it is a lot worse. I has pushed all the skirting boards back at the bottom & raised the floor in sections approx 75mm high off the sub floor. :eek:
The oak is glued down with 4 blobs of adshive on each board (looks like gripfill) to 6mm plywood. The ply is brad nailed to the timber floorboard sub floor. I do not think this is the correct way of fitting even though it was installed by a flooring contractor
A lot of the boards are also cupping badly.
I have had to cut out a section today as it was nearly fracturing the copper radiator pipe.
Any ideas what I can do? I was going to remove all the scotia beads & trim approx 15mm from the edge of the boards but would this solve the problem?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
sounds very drastic
if its been down for years suspect a leak or some other substantial change perhaps plastering or a new regime like mopping the floor

ask them what has happened or changed in the last 6 months or so

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back