Chocbox or junction box?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D

In the past I've sometimes struggled to get three or four sets of wires into a standard junction box (eg like this junction box ) but these chocbox look like they'd be easier to use?

So if the junction was to remain under floorboards (say), would chocbox (eg like this chocbox ) be acceptable or is there some reason why an original style junction box should be used?

(I'm not doing a job I am genuinely interested never having used a chocbox)

Sponsored Links
Those chocboxes are only big enough for lighting applications I feel.

To be honest I usually use 30amp junctions if I have a few cables to terminate.

You shouldnt be using junction boxes under the floor, (no access to screwed terminals in the future).

oh ok. So if a connection were to be made that was to be left under a floor, should a crimp of some kind be used, or should it be soldered? Or something else? (again this is just for interest / general knowledge).

Sponsored Links
Crimp or solder. I personally use crimps, very rarely I'm in that situation mind (I try and do rewires only).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back