Choice between Worcester 32 compact or 34 CDI classic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a new central heating system fitted and have been given the option of two boilers Worcester 32 compact or Worcester 34 CDI classic. The 34 CDI will cost £200 more than the 32 compact. I gather that the 32 compact can fit in a kitchen unit but this is of no importance as it will be fitted in a bedroom. There is one bathroom in the house and this is unlikely to increase in the future. I wondered if there is much to choose between the two and whether it is worth paying the extra £200 for the 34 CDI?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't fit either in a bedroom, personally. Or any other combi for that matter.

Both* can be had with a 10yr warranty from a Worcester accredited, if a system filter and controls are specified.

*Assuming you mean a 32CDi Compact

In terms of pricing the 34 Classic is only about £50 more to buy. It will be easier to maintain once the long warranty is up, the Compact suffers from being compact, small fingers required. And the expansion vessel, when it goes, can be a pig to get out in the Compact.

Is this a bedroom in which people will want to sleep, or is it a guest room / junk room / office ?

Thanks, simond. Yes, I assume it is a 32CDI compact. It is my understanding that a larger gas pipe will need to be fitted so hopefully some of the additional £200 will include the pipe and work involved in changing it.

It is a spare guest bedroom.

Sponsored Links
The cdi classic has a far superior heat engine that has been around since 2002 or so ie. well proven. The bottom end is also easier to work on.

Of the two, go for the Classic, though personally I wouldn't have either....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back