Worcester B 32 CDI compact or 30i? Plus pipe advice!! Please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thanks for reading. I have a fairly old semi detached 2/3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (showers mains but not often used same time). Existing old combi 22mm piping at gas meter and at boiler but quite a long route from basement at front of house to boiler at back of house (around 20-25m as it seems to go upstairs before coming down into top of boiler) plus 7/8 bends / corners of some sort (I don’t know what type). I’ve had several accredited installers in. Some are very concerned about the pipework and say can’t go any bigger than 28 CDI compact or 30i, without needing a lot of expensive pipework .. but couple have said a 36 CDI compact should be ok with existing pipe work. They mostly all said can’t be sure until installed and check pressures either end but still I don’t want to play it super safe and get an undersized boiler, but don’t want to get something too big I end up with a huge pipework bill. Any advice?

Also I know the CDI classic is the best Worcester B boiler but understand they’re discontinued plus I have very little space. Would you say avoid 30i and go for 32 CDI compact and this range is better quality?

Thanks in advance - I’m pretty confused!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back