Thoughts on Worcester CDi Compact vs CDi Classic

Sponsored Links
Running a tap with the shower was more of a question, than a requirement - but thanks for the suggestion.

If it's unlikely you can shower and run a tap (with anything less than a 40kW Combi), what I'm struggling to determine is what rate of flow I need (I guess the most important thing is keeping the flow to my shower as close to how it is now).

Of the 4 different engineers I've had round, they've suggested 28, 30, 34 and 36 kW (Hot Water rate) combi boilers!

But what's the difference between each in real-life usage. The engineer recommending the 28 was confident that it would supply enough hot water for the shower (as it is now).

How are you supposed to come to an informed decision based on the kW or l/min ratings?

Sponsored Links
Running a tap with the shower was more of a question, than a requirement - but thanks for the suggestion.

If it's unlikely you can shower and run a tap (with anything less than a 40kW Combi), what I'm struggling to determine is what rate of flow I need (I guess the most important thing is keeping the flow to my shower as close to how it is now).

Of the 4 different engineers I've had round, they've suggested 28, 30, 34 and 36 kW (Hot Water rate) combi boilers!

But what's the difference between each in real-life usage. The engineer recommending the 28 was confident that it would supply enough hot water for the shower (as it is now).

How are you supposed to come to an informed decision based on the kW or l/min ratings?

If my incoming main would support it I would go for a more powerful combi

Which engineer gives you confidence ?

One of the engineers above is a known WB hater, I was laughing at his comment
I though it seemed a little harsh!!!

Cheers for the advice so far. I was discussing with my wife earlier, and was wondering if some engineers spec the least powerful to try to get the quote as cheap as possible/to win the job. I've read a lot of similar threads, where people are getting quoted a really broad range of boiler capacities from different engineers.

Despite loving a bargain, and wanting value for money, what I'm really looking for is getting the right boiler for my needs, and the job done properly, though it feels like walking through a minefield at the moment!

I'm pretty much decided on WB (as I can't face starting this process again!)

what I'm really looking for is getting the right boiler for my needs,

These two statements are possibly self contradicting.

I though it seemed a little harsh!!

You have no idea how low my opinion of those bits of plastic shyte are. Even lower than those with a V at the beginning.

Well from an engineers perspective I would be looking at your heat loss, incoming water performance, installation issues like cupboard size/location, if I need to upward pipe, will the gas pipe need upgrading and how possible that is, if converting to high pressure from low will the pipe work Cole with the added stesss, in accessible pipes in screed for instance would be a concern ( Intergas can run open vent)

In choosing the boiler I would then be looking at reliability, design and material of the heat exchanger, some are more resistant to system issues than others, I would be trying to give you max performance from your incoming main, What controls can I fit to make the boiler more efficient like Opentherm

What kind of support and warranty can expect from the manufacture

Then I would be asking your expectations on performance and costs and try to wiggle the job to suite

Well from an engineers perspective I would be looking at your heat loss, incoming water performance, installation issues like cupboard size/location, if I need to upward pipe, will the gas pipe need upgrading and how possible that is, if converting to high pressure from low will the pipe work Cole with the added stesss, in accessible pipes in screed for instance would be a concern ( Intergas can run open vent)

In choosing the boiler I would then be looking at reliability, design and material of the heat exchanger, some are more resistant to system issues than others, I would be trying to give you max performance from your incoming main, What controls can I fit to make the boiler more efficient like Opentherm

What kind of support and warranty can expect from the manufacture

Then I would be asking your expectations on performance and costs and try to wiggle the job to suite
In nearly every one of those metrics, wb come looooowwww on my list. Yes they have good warranty support, but that is more because they need it ;)

In nearly every one of those metrics, wb come looooowwww on my list. Yes they have good warranty support, but that is more because they need it ;)

I know IG score highly on that list Dan which is why I fit them :p

WB are not as bad as all that though just may be not as strong in some areas (y)

I’m looking for a more balanced less tainted sour Dan in your posting style for 2018 :LOL:

fbed3b472b33c51c1959ca82dbe1e648--general-electric-history-photos.jpg

Look..... There is a positive opinion of WB out there somewhere :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back