Worcester Bosch compact - any drawbacks over classic?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My installer has suggested a WB 32cdi compact as a replacement for my existing 12 year old 30cdi classic boiler, as part of a bigger refurb. I don't need a compact for space reasons but the spec. seems good for what I need, and the slightly higher flow rate is attractive so is there any particular reason not to go with the compact over a normal sized classic? Are they harder to service, for instance?

As a side question, is it usual for an old boiler to stop working after it has been inactive for a while, which is what has happended to mine? It worked flawlessly up until my works started and I was hoping to keep it going for a few more years but it has been off for 8 months and now won't get going again. Heating engineer has recommended new boiler rather than spend over £400 repairing with no guarantee of success, which seems to make sense given the age. (It seems that the fan at least needs replacing and there may be other problems).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Would never personally go for a compact where a regular sized boiler would fit. The former usually have had comprises to save space The latter are generally better laid out and easier to work on.

Boilers like anything dont like to be sat around for months on end the fans in particularly on worceaters are particularly prone to stopping working after periods of in activity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back