Choice of new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had two (expensive) quotes so far to replace my old boiler. Both Worcester and Vaillant cost £1,200 from Travis Perkins or Screwfix ( and the plumbers have quoted me a bigger price as it happens )

However I see that both Travis Perkins and Screwfix offer other boilers at half the price, and still with very good warranty, even better than Vailant and Worcester for example:
http://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/b...oducts_id=30:d74e53471ec516e85cd629739c49b164

Would you be able to recommend any boilers or any to avoid?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Avoid French/Italian makes, and don't bother with overpriced "premium" brands like Worecester/Vaillant. Ideal Logic + is a great price and comes with 7 year warranty.

I don't know many engineers who break down a price, simply because you get customers looking online for prices and complaining they can get it £20 cheaper. Expect your engineer to add a mark up on materials to cover them for any issues that might arise.

I would not complain because I do not want to insult the plumbers.

I will look at the Ideal thanks!

Sponsored Links

It almost looks like you have already when you commented that their prices were higher than at the merchants.

But as advised they have to add a markup to cover their involvement with warranty issues or delivery damage problems.

More sensible plumbers do not give a breakdown but just a single price. That avoids people like you questioning that you can get it cheaper!

If you must get a more budget boiler then I would recommend the Biasi M269 but ONLY that particular model. Its about £550 with flue!

That is because its a standard burner and not a premix so easier to set up and far more stable. The boiler is based on the well tried M96 which was one of the most reliable models made in recent times.

Tony

Avoid French/Italian makes, and don't bother with overpriced "premium" brands like Worecester/Vaillant. Ideal Logic + is a great price and comes with 7 year warranty.

I don't know many engineers who break down a price, simply because you get customers looking online for prices and complaining they can get it £20 cheaper. Expect your engineer to add a mark up on materials to cover them for any issues that might arise.

Oh Ideal have manufactured some right sheds when it comes to condensing boilers!! But they're on to a winner with their Logic range. I fitted a OV logic the other day, what a lovely light boiler to hang on the wall & dead easy to install.

It almost looks like you have already when you commented that their prices were higher than at the merchants.

But as advised they have to add a markup to cover their involvement with warranty issues or delivery damage problems.

More sensible plumbers do not give a breakdown but just a single price. That avoids people like you questioning that you can get it cheaper!

If you must get a more budget boiler then I would recommend the Biasi M269 but ONLY that particular model. Its about £550 with flue!

That is because its a standard burner and not a premix so easier to set up and far more stable. The boiler is based on the well tried M96 which was one of the most reliable models made in recent times.

Tony

I always liked Biasi boilers too Tony, loads of metal components, unlike the Worcester Tupperware Bosch!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back