New WHB taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason both WHB taps have quite small flow rate .. so maybe they are in need of replacement.

We've been putting this off for a few weeks, but as our plumber is coming next week to service our boiler and fire, may as well get the taps replaced too.

Shown below is the current 'basic' style which matches those on the bath too, although this isn't really critical . My wife fancies something more fancy. We once made a mistake in buying a single centre kitchen tap from Lidl and it was far from good ... no doubt you get what you pay for

Which brands are considered good quality.

Is Screwfix or Toolstation any good .. or would plumb Centre or Travis Perkins be better.

thanks !

Attachments

• tap.jpg
    tap.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
1. Screwfix, Toolstation, Plumb Centre and Travis Perkins do not, as far as I am aware, make taps, they only sell them.
2. I would expect their own brand / unknown brand ones are made in the Far East and have no spares support beyond the warranty period.
3. Look for the likes of Bristan, Grohe, Hansgrohe, Ideal Standard, Vado, Franke, Blanco. Even if some of their products are made abroad, you will get better backup and spares support.
4. Make sure the taps you get suit the system you have with regards to pressure. If you have a cold water storage cistern in the loft and a hot water cylinder in an airing cupboard you will almost certainly need low pressure taps. With a combi boiler or unvented hot water system you would have a wider choice.
5. Make sure you let the plumber know you want the additional work done before he / she arrives.

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I realise Screwfix etc only sell taps
We only have a combi boiler and the same plumber actually installed that, as well as the existing taps.
Once my wife picks, I'll send a picture to the plumber just to make sure they are suitable
Regards !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back