Kitchen Mixer Tap - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to replace a worn out monobloc mixer tap in our kitchen. The existing tap has 2 levers and I want to replace with similar. I fancy the Grohe range but I need advice because our system is mains fed to the cold tap and gravity fed to the hot tap - I reckon about 0.2 bar. Our existing tap emits higher pressure from the cold side, as you would expect, but it's simple to adjust the two taps to get the required temperature.

I like the Grohe Ambi but they say it needs 0.4 bar minimum, so presumably unsuitable. Can I get something similar that would work on my system, preferably a good quality item?
How much does it matter about having different pressure to the hot and cold taps? Is it necessary to fit a pressure reducer on the cold side?

Many thanks if you can clear this up for me.

Sponsored Links
kitchen taps hot and cold should not mix in the tap body,only at the spout so you should be ok as far as temp goes,as long as tap you choose is OK for your water pressure ,which you really need to establish not just guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back