choice of shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My electric shower has just broken down and I would like to use the opportunity to fit a new shower with a better performance. I have a gravity fed low pressure water system - how do I know whether the water pressure is high enough for a mixer shower before I go to the expense of buying and fitting one?

Sponsored Links
1 barr is about 32 ft, so your header tank would have to be 32ft above the shower per bar of pressure. You can buy a shower with a pump in it like a New team 1000, or fit a shower pump or buy a cyclone style shower which uses mains clod supply to draw hot supply. All these options require work.

Greater expense options change to a combi, get a multipoint, unvented hot water.

Is your current shower a pumped electric shower or a power shower? Some things to consider when changing an electric shower, if you are going for a higher KW version then you will probably have to upgrade the cable supplying it, uprate switches and the fuse in the CU, after making sure the CU can handle the additional load.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back