Choisya Ternata

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a choisya on clay soil which is dug regularly to keep it as light as possible . The plant has been there for a couple of years but just this year it has seemd to be wilting slightly.

Is there anything that these plant are susceptible to? It is in a west-facing border in a south-facing garden and is in sun for most of the day.

Sponsored Links
Choisya's are pretty sturdy plants that can take a lot of abuse. The position you have it is sounds good, probably the clay soil may be the problem. I think I would give it a good feed, mulch it, then water thoroughly. I doubt you'll have too much trouble with it.

Choisya's like a good free draining soil and Eddie is correct in identifying the clay soil as a problem. You need to improve the drainage of it. This can be achieved by digging in some sharp sand around in the soil in addition to the mulch. This will help improve the drainage.
Thermo :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back