Choosing strimmer line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently got a Dewalt XR battery strimmer (equivalent to a low power petrol model), which is recommended for 2mm line. Of course they recommend their own line but is there any real difference?
I'm not thinking I want to buy super cheap stuff but rather, is there anything better performing than theirs? I see all kinds of serrated and twisted lines.
Main use is going to be nettles and the like - it works great on these with the small line provided but that's running out.

Anyone have any guesses what rate line is used up? I see it sold in 15, 60, 100+m rolls and no idea what I need. I have visions of buying 100m and still using it in 30 years!!

Sponsored Links
From what I can see Dewalt stuff is not expensive so if its been performing ok why change?
I wouldnt have thought too many folk have used Dewalt cord to make a direct comparison?

For reference for garden and some hard use I use about 15m (of 1.6mm) every few years.
i buy the mid priced stuff from ebay that works okay.
never tried the tristed etc, but there are some youtube videos (the one i saw did not show any spectacular results to show any better than another).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back