Choosing the right exterior paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm at the stage of selecting paint for the front of the house and I'm a few questions. I wll be buying Dulux Weathershield (colour and 3 for price of 2 decided that).

Smooth or textured? The house is cement rendered over brick, it's had previous paint and work done on it since it was put up before I was here so some cracks, fill lines/bumps and bumps are existing along with, what will be, some new ones. What kind of difference is their in the finish of smooth or textured which can hi?

Their is a line of bricks horizontally which she wants black, should or is this normally done in exterior gloss or masonry paint? I'll be going over both bare (shiny type) brick and existing sound paint.

I've scaffolding but nevertheless I'm not comfortable to say the least at the top height so can the (wooden, cleaned) eves be undercoated and glossed (black) by roller or is it important to ensure the corners are pushed in by a brush? I assume these don't weather too much as they are not exposed to the rain/sun

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back