Christian The Lion - Real Touching Video

Sponsored Links
Part two of the video shows Christian lying next to a pile of bones with a big grin on his face licking his lips. ;)

it seems this video dates back to 1972 :eek: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCjyWp3rEk&feature=related

conditions in the original zoo look grim
They certainly do John. And to think they SOLD the young cub Christian to a bloody department store in London! At times I really do think Darwin WAS wrong! There are a great many of mankind that haven't evolved! In fact, they are no more advanced in terms of compassion than a bunch of Neanderthals (And yes, I do know we're not evolved from Neandethal). But when I read some of the stories on the Born Free Foundation web site such as this one about a young chimp called Afrika:
Afrika was just a few months old when her mother and family were killed by poachers. The tiny baby was found in a wooden cage - filthy, scared and malnourished. Luckily she was rescued and nursed back to health at a sanctuary in Uganda. Here she has become friends with Mac, another orphan chimp. The pair get great comfort from cuddling each other.
Afrika.jpg
It just brings out a Neanderthal like trate in me! All I want to do is go there and annihilate the arseholes that do this! :evil: But I am above that sort of behaviour, unlike these arseholes!

Here come the rest of the Neanderthals to tell me were I'm going wrong in terms of my views on these poachers....

EDIT: BY the way, I liked the Video, I'm getting soft in my old age! (Thats the Video of the Lion in the OP before anyone starts posting!!! :D )

Sponsored Links
If a protected species is being poached then the real culprits are the wealthy westerners paying huge sums of money for these species whether it be a tiger skin ,rhino horn ,or some sort of afrodisiac (sorry can't spell it) to boost their failing libido etc etc. :rolleyes:

Back