Christmas icicle lights, above or below?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Sort of an electrical question, .....lol

These LED icicle lights, the ones people have on and around thier gutters.... I have a spare set, that im thinking of putting on the windows...

My question / poll is would you put them above the windows? or bellow the windows?

I plan on cutting them to length, so they are the exact width of each window, then re-joining them all together.... Anyone see any problems with doing this?

All advice taken, trying to get these done today before her in doors gets back from work this afternoon...

Ill post pictures once i ve done it...

Cheers

Sponsored Links
My question / poll is would you put them above the windows? or bellow the windows?

I think above window. MasterAbacus I have always respected your opinions in this website, but you are only just in the boundary of taste with these lights. However, if you start using lights so they look like objects, namely, Santa Claus, raindeer, trains [what a stream train has to do with Christmas is another moot point] then you have a problem and you are officially a chav!

With my limited knowledge with the wiring of Christmas lights would you not get some substantial voltage drop if you are adding in lengths of cable to join up split lights from window to window? This is a thought not a fact so please anyone please advise accordingly.

Under ........

That way they annoy the nieghbours and leave you room peacefully dark.

Shouldn't be a problem extending mid string us good joint methods are used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back