Chrome Permissions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
When I try to open Chrome I get a message about needing permissions
IMG_20220811_110145.jpg
see attached screenshot. I have been into Windows settings and ticked allow permissions for this program, makes no difference. O/S Windows 11.
Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" is the path for my Chrome on windows 10.

You seem to have the 64 bit version.

Have you used file explorer to find the exe file and create a new desktop shortcut (via the right click)?

Alternatively, type chrome.exe in the search box to confirm the location of the file.

There are alternative steps that you can take but please confirm the above first.

Thank you very much everyone who has helped me some really great advice.
I have now solved the problem. It was my Kaspersky stopping chrome from opening. Going in to the Kaspersky settings and. Clicking the allow access button did the trick.
Thanks once again for your help.

Thank you very much everyone who has helped me some really great advice.
I have now solved the problem. It was my Kaspersky stopping chrome from opening. Going in to the Kaspersky settings and. Clicking the allow access button did the trick.
Thanks once again for your help.

I am happy to use the free AV built in to windows. That said, once every blue moon I use MBAM or even Process Explorer to see what is actually running on my laptop.

Glad you fixed it, hopefully it will help others that search for the same issue. Kudos

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions, never heard of that software, but will definitely give it try, as you say always nice to know what's running in the back ground.
Thank's for your help, you obviously have a lot of computer knowledge that benefits these forums.

Thanks for the suggestions, never heard of that software, but will definitely give it try, as you say always nice to know what's running in the back ground.
Thank's for your help, you obviously have a lot of computer knowledge that benefits these forums.

Process explorer used to be part of Sysinternals by Mark Russinovich. From memory, MS purchased part of his work and integrated it in to the OS (task manager).

I used it years ago to identify malware that none of the commercial AV products would find. I ran Process Explorer, shut down any processes that I didn't recognise and waited for the malware to start up again. From there I was able to find the registry location of the malware and delete it.

Hello Brian
Thank you for your post, I don't know why I 'm getting it now. I thought the question is limited to 7 days. I did try your suggestions but as I put in my reply it was my antivirus stopping chrome.

Hello Brian
Thank you for your post, I don't know why I 'm getting it now. I thought the question is limited to 7 days. I did try your suggestions but as I put in my reply it was my antivirus stopping chrome.

AFAIK There is no time limit on questions.

Sponsored Links
Back