Chrome waste joining to compression plastic - in wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am a good DIY plumber but do not no the terminology so please excuse me.

I am at the final stages of plumbing in our downstairs new bathroom now and have encountered a problem. We have a chrome bottle trap waste ont he sink and the chrome then goes into the wall. The chrome pipe is specific as it goes from about 25mm to 32mm so I cannot change it for another longer piece.
The issue is the waste terminates right in the middle of the wall it is going through and I know that you shouldn't have a plastic compression joint burined in a wall.
How should I get round this? Any ideas? I am tempted to simply join it in the wall and wrap in Denso tape and try to cut a 40mm pipe and wrap that round it for protection?

Does anyone know what the official way to do it is?

Thanks.

Ian

Sponsored Links
My limited exposure to chromed waste parts showed that they were in copper sizes.

If this is the case then it may be possible to connect to copper tube with a pushfit connector like Tectite.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back