Chuck for Bosch PSB 24 VE-2 24V

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I have a bosch drill that I was given 4 / 5 years ago thats used for general DIY work around the house. Buying an 1940s ex council house two years back its seen some heavy use over the last year or so and the chuck has started to fail.

When you use it on hammer the chuck will refuse to release the bit sometimes - it takes brute force and wiggling to get the bit out. Its getting worse.

I'm fairly happy its just the chuck - the drill works fine and the clutch etc seem ok.

Usually if it was a work tool I would hand it back in and go "fix it" but as its my own tool I thought it would just be a case of buying a replacement chuck... however there seems to be a lot of chat on the web about proper hammer chucks etc and I have no idea what to buy!

So....

I'm looking for a recommendation for a new chuck. Anyone have any tips?

Cheers,

David.

Sponsored Links
Having a quick google, you might get one to fit for £15-£20. The prices for the correct one seemed to be upwards of £35.

As the drill is no longer made, albeit working fine, for them prices i'd be buying a new one.

Having a quick google, you might get one to fit for £15-£20. The prices for the correct one seemed to be upwards of £35.

As the drill is no longer made, albeit working fine, for them prices i'd be buying a new one.

Thats near to what I found, the drill was a present from my wife however and has been a trusty tool for so long I don't think I could just replace it...

Thats near to what I found, the drill was a present from my wife however and has been a trusty tool for so long I don't think I could just replace it...
OK
Plan B
Cheap non percussion chuck, £6 from toolstation. Keeps her happy.

Then treat yourself to a new percussion drill - doesn't have to be ott price wise.

She's happy you still got and use here drill - for lightweight occasional use.
Your happy because you've got a drill suitable for your actual needs.

Sponsored Links
you have off course cleaned the chuck out and oiled it ??

I cant actually get the chuck out anyway - I think the clutch or gearing might be slipping actually.

With the grub screw removed the actual chuck wont unscrew, it just clicks like the clutch.

Checked some youtube videos that didnt really help either - put the drill away before I resorted to brute force and damaged it worse.

Any tips on how to remove the chuck?

Thanks! David.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back