Bosch drill with broken chuck - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have a Bosch PSB 500 RE drill, I need to change the Chuck, as the chuck is broken and difficult to tighten or loosen, since its a keyless chuck and there's no screw in side the chuck to remove, tried to put the drill in reverse mode and an Allen key in the Chuck but it still spins round and I can't UNDO IT !!!! - HELP

Sponsored Links
Might be the case that you can't remove the chuck, it could be heat shrunk onto the shaft. Failing that I suppose it could be held in place with a taper.

Are you sure it hasn't got a torx screw inside ? Could also be left hand thread. I got one off once by clamping an allen key in the chuck and hitting the long arm of it with a hammer. Again it might be left hand thread

Sponsored Links
Not worth the effort really is it? Screwfix will sell you a more powerful (710W) drill for £19.99. Bet you can't buy a Bosch-compatible keyless chuck for that...

There's likely to be a screw in there somewhere if it's a reversible drill. Give it a good clean and see, it will be left-handed.

Not worth the effort really is it? Screwfix will sell you a more powerful (710W) drill for £19.99. Bet you can't buy a Bosch-compatible keyless chuck for that...
'more powerful', it's not just about the number of supposed watts.

Chucks cost less than half that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back