drill wont come out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi - ive got a black and decker cordless percussion drill..very powerful, goes through anything...sounds like a jet engine when working...anyway...it has a keyless chuck, where you tighten or loosen the drill bit by pressing a little plastic tab on the chuck and then either release or tighten the drill bit....problem is when i press the little tab on the chuck the drill cant be released or tighten the chuck turns and there is no resistance so i can loosen the drill bit...seems like the plastic bit on the chuck has broken or is not working..any ideas on how i can get the drill out or open up the drill..

Sponsored Links
If the drill has got a reverse switch put it in reverse, hold the part of the chuck you would usually turn to release the bit, and squeeze the trigger.

And marvel as the little toy fails to undo the chuck.

Failing that, there should be a couple of flat sections on the base of the chuck. Grab them with some pliers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back