Cigarette smoke from next door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now coming up through floorboards after I sealed where it was originally coming from (between skirting boards and floors by chimney) should I caulk or silicone now to fill gaps between floorboards to stop it travelling underneath the whole room now? (isolated to one bedroom upstairs) no where else in the house.

This sucks. So. Much.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have you spoken to them, perhaps they are willing to limit it to outside?

You could ask environmental health for help.

He has a disability I think as he has carers visiting his house daily

Sponsored Links
If it's not an overly arduous thing for you to do, you could try sealing the floorboards to see if that helps.

We had something similar in a semi we lived in years back. In the lounge there was a recessed cupboard on the adjoining wall, which would have been mirrored next door. They smoked, and whenever they did, the smell came through the cupboard.

Maybe you could consider running a small air purifier to see if that helps?

If it's not an overly arduous thing for you to do, you could try sealing the floorboards to see if that helps.

We had something similar in a semi we lived in years back. In the lounge there was a recessed cupboard on the adjoining wall, which would have been mirrored next door. They smoked, and whenever they did, the smell came through the cupboard.

Maybe you could consider running a small air purifier to see if that helps?
Do you mean silicone between the gaps? That's the plan - would you have a recommendation at all with which one to use?

Do you mean silicone between the gaps? That's the plan - would you have a recommendation at all with which one to use?
If you can afford it (both in terms of buying and running) why not try the air purifier first? Might save you the hassle?

Slip a leaflet under his door outlining the benefits of vaping, much less smelly.

If you can afford it (both in terms of buying and running) why not try the air purifier first? Might save you the hassle?
And have it on all the time? It's so loud yeah will try that for the time being. Pretty horrible knowing we wanted to start a family room! I might ask him politely but I feel like I can't do that as its his home

And have it on all the time? It's so loud yeah will try that for the time being. Pretty horrible knowing we wanted to start a family room! I might ask him politely but I feel like I can't do that as its his home
There are numerous makes/models that are relatively cheap to buy, quiet to run and if taking the manufacturers at their word, not overly expensive to run. They come on and off automatically if they sense the air needs cleaned. I'd say worth a try before attempting to seal floors etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back