cinderblocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a student living in Lancashire.

Q: Where can I purchase cinderblocks/concrete blocks so I can build a table for my DJ/music production equipment?

Something like the table my New Zealander friend built (on the right):

djsetup04.jpg

Sponsored Links
Q: Do they sell them at B&Q and Homebase?

Q: How much do they usually cost around?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't reccomend such a system unless your equipment's position is usually temporary. I am myself a learning DJ, and if you have noticed, mixers, vocoders, DSPs etc, are often designed to be screwed into proper mixing desks, or rackmounted, I suggest you build some rackmounting, etc, and maybe a proper fitting in a desk for the mixer - if you're a dance or techno DJ like me, it makes things easier.

However, if you are a hip hop DJ or scratch artist, then it is best not to fit your mixer into the desk, as having the controls for the mixer on the same level as the desk actually helps.

I think Glassblock would looks nicer and you can get them in difference colour

Glassblocks look very good.

But expensive with delivery.

There are very strong, if you was building them into a window opening, they don't even need a lintel !! They are so tough and fireproof.

I think they sell them at Jewson's or any good builder merchant.

Just remembered Wickes sell them and not a bad price either.

Regarding cheep blocks, if you can find someone who is getting rid of the old style electric storage heaters the heater is full of them and they are light and thinner than normal blocks. These are normally free as nobody wants them. Make sure they are disconnected properly before you dismantle them. These also make a good base for a built in BBQ as they are heat resistant. (not recommended in your bedroom).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back