Circuit Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

Mysteriously, there are a bunch of sockets that have stopped working. I assume that these sockets are all on the same circuit and there is a central problem.

I have checked the fusebox and all the switches are in the "ON" position. I suppose I will need to work out which sockets are not working and assume that these are all on the same circuit - but how do I go about identifying the cause ?

Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
Can be a whole bunch of things, could be a break in a radial circuit, either at source or somewhere along the way.

Could be some very dodgy wiring that has finally had enough?

I'll fire up google earth and zoom right in....

Seriously though, could do with more detail and pics (we love 'em) of CU, inside relevant sockets and junction boxes (if there are any)

EDIT: Just because the sockets are not working DO NOT ASSUME they are dead. (Golden rule of sparkying is that)

Could be some sockets fed off a FCU and the fuse (13A or smaller!) has operated due to overload?

Look for a possible plate somewhere that has either a switch with a fuse compartment on it or just a plate with a fuse compartment on it.These take a standard BS1362 plug-top fuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back