Strange little situation... any thoughts?

Came across this situation a couple of weeks ago, changing a faulty socket on a ring, pulled the 30A fuse, still live, pulled the 15A imm htr fuse, dead. One leg of Ring and immersion crossed in CU, been like that since house was built in 1980s

That's exactly where my money goes. ;)

Sponsored Links
Just had a second look at the pictures and now think you really should be calling a spark in sooner rather than later.

Whilst hes there, ask him to check out your earthing and bonding is adequate aswell.

As I look at these Piccie , I can`t see a trace of any Earth Cables other than those entering from above ie Part of T&E Cables , there appears to be 1 Cable coming in from the bottom with the Supply Tails but that to me looks like another T&E , though it could be the Colour on the Piccy , If there is`nt a link between the Main Earth Terminal and the ConsumerUnit you have a VERY DANGEROUS Problem which needs rectifying asap

Lucky

Looks like a bare earth, re emerges behind the fuse carriers, tinned copper or ally maybe

Why does anyone need 6 sockets in a garage, some of them double sockets? That's now down to two single sockets which is plenty.

My smallish double garage has twelve double sockets. It's not enough!

Theyre never all used at once, but I use power tools a lot, and hate trailing extension leads.
The garage is on its own ring final, protected by a 32A RCBO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back