Can I change a double socket to a DP Fused swch & single

..........a lot of the discussions end up as intellectual debating exercises, rather than as the provision of sensible pragmatic answers to questions. ..........

I totally agree. A practise that often drives the true 'customer' of this forum away - the DIYer.

Sponsored Links
.....a lot of the discussions end up as intellectual debating exercises, rather than as the provision of sensible pragmatic answers to questions. .....
I totally agree. A practise that often drives the true 'customer' of this forum away - the DIYer.
I totally agree with that, too, and have often made the same observation myself - but it seems to happen so often. I don't know to what extent it's well-intentioned, a matter of 'ego', or what, but it's very common for an early 'sensible and pragmatic answer' to be followed by someone jumping in with a '....but what about reg XYZ' comment (or soemthing similar), which then triggers a lengthy 'debate'. I may sometimes be guilty of that (starting such a debate) myself, but it's usually after one has got going that I find it difficult to stop myself jumping in - particularly if I feel that people who are 'trying to be clever' have got things a bit wrong!

However, it's certainly not unique to this forum. I've seen, and still do, exactly the same happening in discussion groups across a wide range of disciplines. It may, in part, be one thing that keeps 'regulars' interested enough to continue contributing to discussion groups - if it feels merely like working FOC for a Q&A 'helpdesk', I suspect that the novelty soons wanes for most people!

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back