Circular regular marks on the ceiling and wall - how to paint them ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am just doing my walls on my own.I find round,small,regularly spaced spots on all my ceilings (pic 1) and walls (pic 2). Some are raised a bit (pic 3).They are in a rows, regularly spaced in lines on both ceilings and walls.
I have been told they are stud marks(?!). So, how do i go about covering and painting them? Do they need to be driven in or just left as it is? Will a stainkiller (zinnser ?) cover them? what do I do about those that clearly are standing proud by a few millimetres?

Would be really grateful for some help.Thanks.Megan

33mstg4.jpg

53uyx0.jpg

2qkv1g5.jpg

Sponsored Links
They are usually the nails holding the plasterboard working their way out, not sure what the best cure is myself, an odd one could be tapped back in and filled or pulled and replaced with a screw but if you have lots it might be best just to live with them.

They look like plasterboard nails, maybe screws.....try sanding one of the bumps down just to see. If they are nails, they can be driven in with a nail punch, and any indentations filled with polyfilla.
John :)

More likely nails than screws. Hence why screws are better if the boars flex or try to move.

Dig off the plaster top and using a punch and hammer, or a decent sized nail (as a punch) and give the nail heads a few decent bashes. With luck the nails will purchase and the head will sink under the board face enough to over fill, sand, spot prime and paint.

Sponsored Links
Look like nails to me. Depends on your DIY skills but if it were mine i'd screw in plasterboard screws next to the nails and then pull the nails out, fill the holes, rub down, prime with thinned emulsion and re-paint. Its a problem that will just keep coming back, p*** poor construction, the guys that did this know what happens when you nail instead of screw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back