Circular saw £25 - £50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good circular saw that fits into the £25-£50 price bracket? I want to start on a laminate floor this weekend, and the budget is tight!! If anyone has had a good (or not so good) experience with a cirulcar saw, please let me know. Recommendations gratefully received! :cool:

Thanks everyone

Sponsored Links
I picked up a B&Q own brand with laser sight guide for about £30 which seemed to do a good job of cutting through 12mm chipboard. For doing short accurate cuts though I think you might find an electric mitre saw a better bet, though they seem to be more expensive for a decent one. If you aren't going to be using them very much and quality isn't top priority then you could probably get both for £50. Will be more than suitable for the odd job. :D

i personaly use a jigsaw

you can do so much more with a jigsaw you cannot cut anything other than strait runs you cant safely cut boards with the board resting on your leg

youll be lucky if your long wall cuts are strait ;)

thanks guys for the responses, I'll do my best not to chop my hand off, whatever tool I use :eek:

Sponsored Links
if you do use a circular saw make shure the blade only protrudes 1mm more than the thickness of your boards to give you a cleaner safer cut

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back