Which is the Best Circular Saw for £50 - £100?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings to all,
I'm about to commence replacing the chipboard floor in my bathroom, then fit a laminated floor and to finish fit a couple of wet wall panels. I thought the best tool to accomplish all of this would be a circular saw. Alas my budget only runs to £50 - £100.

I've thought about a Bosch PKS 66 for £95 or a Draper 64717 for £48? but I've been unable to find any reviews.

Can anyone make any recommendations to achieve the above tasks.

Many thanks Rusty Scot

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo rusty scott :D:D:D

a decent jigsaw would be fare more usefull for laminate flooring than a circular saw
indeed a circular saw will greatly slow things down as you need to clamp the work firmly if your cutting along the length

you can relativly safely cut a plank on your knee or holding with one hand in situ with a jigsaw
not recomended with a circular saw :oops: :oops: :oops: ;)

Thanks for the advice Big-All.

Alas I've never been able to cut a long straight line with a jigsaw :cry: hence my desire for a circular saw.

Rusty Scot

RustyScot said:
Thanks for the advice Big-All.

Alas I've never been able to cut a long straight line with a jigsaw :cry: hence my desire for a circular saw.

Rusty Scot

tis only 9mm thick use a jigsaw a bosch type101b or d blade the blades will go blunt every 30 or 40 foot 1 or 2 blades per room dependant on size
the chances are most cuts along the length are going to be slightly contoured rather than straight any way :D ;)

with a circular saw you need to clamp the planks to a workmate or whatever if you use the guide fence you cant pass a clamp so you'll be forever clamping and unclamping along the length as you go :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

with a bit of practice with the jaws on your workmate open about 1" place the plank to cut along the gap in the jaws with the jigsaw blade forward of the support underneath
jigsaw to the middle of the workmate then hold the the jigsaw constant and pull the plank backwards takes a bit off getting used to but it means you don't have to keep repositioning the plank and the jigsaw

you may find it easier to do a combination of pushing the plank towards and pulling away whatevers comfortable and natural
if you are pushing the plank stop on the last six inches hold firmly behind the jigsaw and cut the rest normally

Sponsored Links
If you only have one major job to do it the near future, buy quite a cheap one from a big local store. If it fails quickly take it back and get a new one.

Take care to buy it the day before you start work.

You will need some good TCT blades.

if your after a cheap light weight one, homebase are selling off some of the bosch stuff at the moment. It will do you for diy odd jobs.

Thanks to all for their advice.

It looks like I'll be off to homebase ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back