165mm circular saws blade for plastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ladies and gents

Lack of planning on my part, I've got some twinwall plastic roof sheeting to install on my pergoda, but I overlooked exactly how I'm going to cut it.

Now I'm thinking about it (and about to start fitting it) I would be best using my cordless circular saw, but the blade I have is for wood only and is 24 teeth, so I don't think it's going to be any good.

I need to find a suitable blade in Screwfix or Toolstation,

In Screwfix I see only an erbauer 40 tooth, or an evolution 18 tooth as suitable for plastic.

Screwfix have a Freud 48 tooth blade but that says it's only for wood, would it make much of a difference?

Toolstation only have a 40 tooth Freud pro blade.

Any help as to which blade to use would be great.

Had I done better planning I would have ordered the correct blade from saxton

Sponsored Links
Possibly a fine toothed blade for metal on a jigsaw would be better and much more economical.
Little trick, warm the plastic first with a hairdryer.
An assistant warming up as you cut is best.

Thought bid offer an update,

I got the erbauer 40 tooth blade and it worked like a charm doing cross cuts, I had a practice run first as I had a spare roofing sheet. Nice smooth straight cuts and quick too. The jig saw didn't give as nice or quick result.

Next week I've got to do 2x rip cuts at 3.5 meters long each, I'm hoping for the same result.

I did use the jig saw for cutting round the gutter down pipes though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back