circular saw blades.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a dewalt circular saw with a 185mm blade. I would like a finer toothed blade. Do I have to buy dewalt or will 185mm blades from other makers also fit?

Sponsored Links
That depends on the hole, or arbor size, that goes through the middle of the blade....many new blades come with reducers / spacers to suit.
John :)

Thanks John, so hopefully my saw has a bore of 16 so a similar 184mm blade with a 16 bore will fit?

Hi again, can you be flexible when choosing a blade in terms of diameter? For instance, I'm looking for a 184mm fine cutting blade with a 16 bore. There aren't many choices! Can a 185 or 186mm blade be fitted?

Also, is 40 teeth fine enough for laminates e.t.c. or do I need to increase to 60-100?

Sponsored Links
Its very likely that any of these blades will be fine as clearances for the diameter are rarely that tight.
Toolstation have a good range, and have a TCT blade specially for laminates etc.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back